Skip to main content

Week 7: Oct 30th - Nov 6th

Hi Everyone -

This past week was pretty busy and eventful!

Friday I was notified my visa for Vietnam had not arrived. Apparently, my "in-country visa" along with all the other missionaries going to Vietnam are waiting in country. However, we need a piece of paper with a stamp on it that proves my name is on a list. So, now it is just waiting on the Church to get things moving. 

I received my reassignment to Bismark, North Dakota. Yup - in the middle of November, when I have no winter clothes. It doesn't snow much in Vietnam, so I didn't pack any. If my visa arrives by this Friday, I will be able to travel to Vietnam. If not, I'll be up with President Camp in North Dakota! 

Tuesday, I had the opportunity to speak with Elder Homer. It was a super fun experience and went extremely well. Both the MTC Presidency and Elder Homer said it was perfect, that we did a great job. It was a nice compliment to hear - positive feedback is hard to find at the MTC :). I will attach photos below. Some are from people in the crowd, while the others are from professional photographers.

Thank you to those who have sent kind messages of support and care packages, they do not go unnoticed. For anyone who wants to read my previous emails, here is a Google Docs where they are stored, along with some photos. 

Google Drive Photos

Love and appreciate you all,

Elder Ethan Reynolds

Anh Cả Reynolds

Note from Sally: Being assigned to the Bismarck, ND mission means Ethan could go anywhere in the attached mission map, so if anyone knows anyone in those areas, let us know. You never know who he will run into! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanoian Hamburgers

  Alo- Hope you are doing well and enjoying the Spring Weather. We are hoping to start getting some warmer weather this next week (meaning the grey overcast that has been here for the past 3.5 months leaves). This week I don't really have much to report on. Always Adjusting: This week was mainly just adjustment to the new area and assignment. This transfer I'll be helping as an Assistant, which is mainly a lot of behind the scenes work. It reminds me a lot of when I was doing Social Media work a little over a year ago - rather than managing the social media, you help with different aspects of the mission. There isn't anything extremely stressful or overwhelming -- it is just lots of small tasks you have to learn to do. My current companion has great experience in this role and has been teaching me lots. He leaves at the end of this transfer, so I am trying to absorb as much as I can to get it ready for the next transfer.  The Mission Branch: One aspect I have been enjoying ...

Buddist Monks and Ba Đình

 Hello everyone! Hope you have been doing well. Congratulations to those of you finishing up your semesters, and keep pushing on for those in the end game!  Remember in my last email I said "pray for some stories?". Well - I don't know who prayed for them, but Heavenly Father certainly answered your prayers. This week has been quite crazy, but fun.  Last Preparation Day: Last Preparation Day was a blast. We planned with our district to travel to a cool hike with a cave and Buddhist temple. So, we ordered our taxi and went on our way. Thirty minutes into the taxi ride and checking on the map we realized we were in fact not going to the correct Buddhist temple - we put in the wrong address, and were riding in the opposite direction. Being 10 minutes away from our new destination (and almost accidentally leaving the zone) we decided to see what the temple would be like.  Upon arrival, it was clear the temple was under major renovations and closed. We checked out the lit...

Hundreds of Handshakes - The Hanoi Vietnam Mission Branch

 Alo -  This will probably be the longest email I have written.  The Vietnam Hanoi Mission Branch is a branch that covers the entire country. Any individual living outside of the boundaries of Hanoi, Saigon, or Bình Dương, are all part of this branch. They join church online weekly, and if possible have their own sacrament services during the stream. As assistants, Elder Trường and I are assigned to the branch supporting members and helping individuals learn the gospel virtually. Every year in July, an event called "Mission Branch Conference " occurs, where members from around the country drive to the physical branch location in Long Xuyên. Elder Trường and I were fortunate enough to be invited and had the opportunity to attend this last week.  Last Thursday, Elder Trường and I departed Hanoi to fly to Saigon. Friday morning, we met up with President and Sister Howell, the mission branch President and his wife, the first counselor, and began our drive to visit member...